Wednesday, June 29, 2005

WIP - Back on the carpet


Applique. Click on photo for larger image. Posted by Hello

Still exploring the carpet pattern. (Archives 2005-06-12).

This is essentially a reverse applique. The two middle layers are a piece of shot pink/gold taffeta and a piece of hand dyed muslin from the 'what am I going to do with this its horrible' box. The top and bottom layers are brightly coloured synthetic dishcloths I bought from the Pound Shop - I thought they would make a cheap substitute for felt. They never got to the kitchen!

I stitched through all the layers with straight stitch on the sewing machine, cut back, then added some pink lurex thread for a bit of sparkle. Then I cut away the bits I didn't want from around the edge with a soldering iron.

2 comments:

Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

nice blog

Isabelle said...

Looks like a jigsaw puzzle ;o) This is going to be amazing I'm sure. I can't wait to see your next progress! The lurex thread is such a good idea.
Looks like a lot of work! But very exciting :o)