Friday, March 05, 2010

Quick update on Blurb - my embroidery book

I finished the book I was making for myself. It came this morning, well within 5 days of uploading it to Blurb. I'm really pleased with the look of it. The premium paper is heavy and feels silky and the photographs reproduced really well. It is a bright and colourful picture book, just what I wanted. It was easy to down-load and use the software and there is plenty of help on-line in the form of FAQs. I had one small problem that wasn't catered for but I sent an email and received a useful reply almost by return. So, from me they get a gold star.

Of course, I didn't get it right straight away. (I knew I should have asked 'The Boss' to proof read it too, but he's so BORED by it!) But I've corrected all my glaring editorial errors (I hope) uploaded and re-ordered it and I've put the whole thing on preview so that anyone interested in Blurb can see what one of the books (albeit unprofessionally edited by me) might look like. Just click on the badge in the sidebar.
From there, you should be able to peruse the whole Blurb site.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

wow! a real treasure trove of inspiration!!!! very impressed. You should feel very proud.

Mermaid's Purse said...

It's beautiful - very inspirational!

kay susan said...

Thank you. It was fun to do and now I have a permanent reminder.

Conni said...

Beautiful book, Kay! Very nicely designed!