Friday, January 28, 2011

Revisiting a UFO

It was too cold and wet to go out so I was sorting through the UFOs and picked out this Paisley Post as You Go:


(Click on photo for bigger image)

I started this whilst I was busy with Sharon B's Develop a Personal Library of Stitches on-line course, so lots of the stitches got incorporated. At the same time, NZJo had a thing going about paisley and I got enthused! Sharon's course is no longer running, but she does offer some good alternatives here: details on her blog, Pintangle.

I worked on it for weeks, experimented with lots of stitch variations, unpicked and rearranged it a few times, so I think it qualifies as another slow cloth.

I've taken out that dark grey and white horizontal band near the top and filled in a few more motifs.


(Click on photo for bigger image)

I had to take off the washers and sequins to roll it around the stretcher bar and I couldn't find them, so I've put some stitches in their place.

Now it is being damp stretched on my batik frame, so I can look at it and decide whether or not it needs anything more. Then I'll have to decide what I'm going to do with it.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Lovely colours. A very soothing colour palette.