Wednesday, April 04, 2012

In my Easter bonnet........................................

One of the Groups I belong to has a meeting this week, so we are each to wear an Easter Bonnet. I decided to make mine.

Here's the inspiration:

(Click on photo for bigger image)

Celandines and violets in my garden ...

(Click on photo for bigger image)

and daffodils.

And here's how I made it.

(Click on photo for bigger image)

Fabric made on the embellisher machine with scraps of silk and wool tops (roving) in a soluble fabric "sandwich"....

(Click on photo for bigger image)

moulded around an empty plastic poppodom container.

(Click on photo for bigger image)

Flowers for decoration.

And the finished article!

(Click on photo for bigger image)

I can guarantee that no-one else will have one the same!

No comments: