Monday, April 02, 2007

More embellisher experiments

Two post cards made on the needle punch machine.


(click on photo for bigger image)

Scraps of silk and strips of green felt needle punched onto a nappy liner. It took a lot of needle punching from both sides to get the felt to blend in with the scraps of silk. It made a lovely soft piece of fabric.



(click on photo for bigger image)

Scraps of different weights of sari silk fabrics needlepunched onto a very fine piece of printed silk. The different scraps of silk produced quite different textures, some very crunchy, some soft and fluffy. I needle punched this from both sides, quite a lot.

7 comments:

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

Although I personally prefer the second, the first is impressive in that you achieved plaid! I can't imagine working straight lines and then blending for the overlapping color. Well done == as always!

Papoosue said...

Hello Kay, I love these samples you've made. (love your other work too). I recently bought a Janome embellisher myself and so far have only played with commercially made felt, so you have given me some ideas! When you say nappy liners what do you mean exactly - I feel I should know but my mind has gone blank!

Susan

Conni said...

Commented on the first lovely one on Flickr - glad I came here to see the second one - another beauty!

Micki said...

A wonderful job of blending these fabrics. They are great.

Teodo said...

Nice, have you used the punch of Bernina.
ciao ciao

SeamRippstress said...

Oh these are great! I've gotta order some of those nappy liners.

Sonji Hunt said...

I absolutely adore the needlepunched fabrics you made. I have to stop looking at them or I will become distracted from my own work. It looks way too addicting.