Sunday, November 09, 2008

A bit more tarted up TAST

Another of the TAST samples I pulled out. This one was oyster stitch and double knot stitch.

Again, I added a border, but this time I needlepunched dyed wool fleece (roving) to black muslin (scrim). I cut it into strips and applied it log cabin style to the sample. Then I machine quilted it onto a synthetic felt dishcloth with programmed stitches using metallic thread to give it a bit of sparkle.


(click on photo for bigger image)

Using simple stitches; buttonhole, french knots and straight stitch I added a patterned border around the sample in the centre. Then I finished it off by buttonholing all around the edge.


(click on photo for bigger image)

3 comments:

Conni said...

The borders set both pieces off perfectly. Great idea!

Ela Kreativ said...

Your answers to the problem of set aside works is wunderful and stimulating. I have a lot of embroided cloth as unfinished objects. Thank you!
Renate

Guzzisue said...

I found Oyster stitch difficult!! yours looks so much better and thanks for the embellisher mantra :slow hand, fast feet,slow hand, fast feet,slow hand, fast feet,slow hand, fast feet,slow hand, fast feet,slow hand, fast feet,.........