Sunday, November 08, 2009

Getting ready for the Christmas rush!!!!

Yeah, that'll be the day!

I am getting ready for the next Creative Co-op outing on 6th December though, it's our own Christmas Fair.

Here's the lastest in my 'fleecy ornament' range.


(Click on photo for bigger image)

Very simple, but I still don't do myself any favours because I couldn't resist the trellis stitch edging. I know that the more hand work I add, the higher the price has to be, but frankly I just don't like any of them without it.

Here's what I plan to do with some of those fleecy hearts on my sales table:



(Click on photo for bigger image)

Two separate photos, but you get the idea. That's a dollar or pound shop Christmas tree I got last week. Tacky and puny, but at less than 2 feet tall, just the right size for my table. I bought 2, 1 for the 'traditional' ornaments and 1 for the lurid pink and green ones. I'm told it helps if you 'show the customers what to do with them' rather than just putting them out on the table. See, I'm still trying. Sadly, I seem to have exhausted my Etsy customer base for the moment!

5 comments:

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Hi, your works are beautiful, warm greetings, Wanda

wanda art. said...

Hi, your works are beautiful, warm greetings, Wanda

Victoria said...

Your beautiful little details make your items super-wonderful!

Jackie said...

I understand that thing about finishing to the way you want but then having to put the price up.
I made some brooches and they neede beads but I left them without and it really grated .

Grangry said...

Jackie, it's exactly the same with me.

A more experienced fellow craft seller suggested that with the heart ornaments I put them in sets of three, one heavily embellished, one with a little hand or machine stitching and one plain, that way I can price them more realistically. I've tried, but I'm really not happy with them! And yesterday I spent a long time trying to work out a quicker, cheaper way to make a fold-over, 'mini padfolio' style needlebook or notebook holder, but it was just dreadful. Yes, it looked just like the mass-produced ones you can get in the shops - but what's the point? I've gone back to my original more time-consuming method using lots of expensive iron-on adhesive and better fabrics.