Sunday, January 20, 2008

Take it Further - beginning

For this month's challenge, I decided to go with the theme.

The key concept for January is a feeling we have all had, the feeling of admiration for another. Ask yourself who do you look up to and admire? Why? What is it you admire about them? This is a the first Take it Further challenge in 2008. Take the idea, develop it into a resolved design during that month and apply it to fiber or paper.

That's a very wide canvas. I went around for days thinking about all the people I admire and why. There are people who have, in one way or another, had a direct effect on me and there are people who have done something that has affected the whole world or the human race. There are people that have certain qualities I admire, or people that have made things I admire.

Then I had a phone call to tell me that my grandaughter has a raging ear infection and I said 'Thank goodness for penicillin!'.

So, today Matthew (that's a reference to a UK TV programme that I don't even watch!)I am admiring Alexander Fleming.

For the uninitiated, Take it Further is an on-line textile or paper design challenge. The challenge is now closed, but you can still watch what everyone is doing. The details are here.

No comments: