Friday, September 30, 2005

Bags of Fun - changed my mind!

I changed my mind and decided to redo the coloured butterfly pocket ! I have taken off the solid black detached buttonhole stitch and replaced it with running stitch to match the other pocket. I have also outlined the butterfly and pattern details in white. I think it balances better now. I have a sort of 'night and day' thing going on here, so I plan to fill in the black butterfly in more muted, moth colours.

(Click on photos for bigger image)



Here's a closeup.


I've added some french knots, that way I'll need to use less beads!

2 comments:

LadyLinoleum said...

Really nice...love the butterfly embroidery!

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh how pretty Kay Sharon! Everything you do is so unique! I've really enjoyed watching everyone's bag develope. And yours is sure to be a beauty when it's complete!