Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bags of Fun - close ups

Here are some closeups of the stitching....
(click on photos for bigger image)

I did these roses a long time ago with an Easy Punch (electric needle punch). The colours are slightly different because they were just samples and I was using odds and ends of cotton threads on a piece of woven polycotton. I bondawebbed them on the back (wonder under) to hold the loops and then just machine appliqued them onto the jeans.


I drew the butterflies on the jeans with a permanent marker, then embroidered the wings in french knots in stranded cotton, to match the relief of the roses.


I have drawn butterflies on the back pockets, and some more roses on the body at the back ready to embroider, but the flowers won't be done with a punch needle this time.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful - Thank You for the closeups - I am most impressed!

Conni said...

Your bag is coming along wonderfully. Those roses are amazing. I have an electric punch needle, too, but could never get the hang of it. I drag it out once in a while to try again, get frustrated and put it away…sigh…

isay said...

they are so lovely!

i like those french nots!