Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not so clever 3 sided box Mark 2

This time I needle punched the silk scraps to a piece of an old Tshirt before stitching to the felt and vilene. I got a much nicer finish.



I was pleased with this one, so I gave it a personal flourish and kept it for myself!


(click on photo for bigger image)

I've been looking at some old design work with an Egyptian flavour, and I think that's where the inspiration for the shape and the colours of these last 2 boxes probably came from.

6 comments:

Donna said...

your boxes are great. They look like lots of fun to store bits and bobs in :-)

Digitalgran said...

Your 3 sided boxes are lovely, Susan.

Dianne said...

The design and colours on this are really interesting - it's a fantastic box.

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

Oh, Kay, this box is as clever and pretty as your others, and you deserve to keep it for yourself.
My grandmother & aunt were Cleopatras, so I've been collecting Egyptian themed buttons, fabrics, beads, etc with the intention of someday making gifts for my cousins. I think you've given me a wonderful purpose.

Purple Missus said...

Fabulous boxes Kay. Not just the shape, but the colours and designs too.

Emmy said...

I love these colors wonderful