Monday, March 05, 2007

TAST More Cross Stitch

One more quick one, just under the wire!




(click on photo for bigger image)

Cross stitch in variegated stranded cotton on dyed felted wool fabric. I put the two toning strips (one felted wood and one muslin) on first and fastened them with the 'points'. I placed three flat beads on the offcentre vertical piece to balance the area of textured stitching and one bead to lead the eye over the stitching to the right hand side. I pulled the cross stitch quite tight, to create the textured finish.

I learnt about 'points' during Sharon B's online class - Developing a Personal Library of Stitches: this course is running now at Joggles

http://www.joggles.com/onlineclasses.htm

5 comments:

Sarah said...

This is very beautiful - georgeous colors, wonderful design!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Gorgeous. I like the colors, and the design layout.

Emmy said...

wel I agree with the other ladies great desingn and lovely colors

Micki said...

This is a great design and love the texture.

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

Sunshine on the pool -- I'm ready to dive in! Delicious colors and pleasing composition.