(Click on photo for bigger image)
Here it is finished. I decided not to bead the other letters. I like the contrast. Also its an experimental piece and I wanted to be reminded of how it looked at that stage. I made a sandwich with craft vilene (pellon) in the middle and a piece of felt on the back. Its not going in the post, so I didn't need to be able to write on it. I find satin stitching often looks a bit heavy, so I was looking for a different way to finish off the edges. I straight stitched a few rounds with metallic thread. Then, with a soldering iron I 'stitched' between the rows of straight stitching to fasten the top fabrics together and make a decorative pattern. Then I ran the soldering iron round the outside of the postcard. It only cuts down as far as the craft vilene so I finally cut it out with scissors. A quick touch of the soldering iron to any stray whiskers, and it was done.