Friday, November 10, 2006

Textile Tuesday - Red


This is my piece for Textile Tuesday, the word this week is RED. It is square really and mounted in red card, I took the photo at a funny angle. It measures about 8" x 6". It is a poinsettia.

The background is scraps of silk fabric tubular knitting ribbon layered under a piece of organza and bonded to a piece of synthetic carpet underlay (the flat stuff that you use instead of paper, I ran out of craft vilene).

The piece is then free machine embroidered with some hand stitching and embellished with beads.

Here's the close-up:



(Click on photo for bigger image)

4 comments:

Leanne Hurren said...

Mm I'm loving this Kay but what is Textile Tuesday? I have read a lot about it on people's blogs but still don't know!

Grangry said...

Thanks Leanne, Textile Tuesday is here:

http://textiletuesday.blogspot.com/

Emmy said...

I love this one very good

Anonymous said...

Das Rot leuchtet wunderschön, gefällt mir sehr gut! Der Kontrast ist klasse! Auf bald am nächsten Dienstag :-)

The Red is really brillant, I like it very much. The contrast is wonderful! See you next Tuesday :-)